Jean M. Kolling
Jean Kolling is a principal of Lourie & Cutler and focuses her practice on estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates for individuals and families. She works with clients to devise and implement wealth transfer strategies that are not only tax-efficient, but also reflect her clients’ philanthropic and legacy goals. Jean assists clients with lifetime gift planning involving various techniques such as GRATs and intrafamily loans, and with business succession planning for owners of closely held companies.
Jean’s extensive experience in settling complex estates, administering trusts, and serving as a trustee informs her planning for clients. She is sensitive to the importance of keeping estate and trust administration as simple as practicable, and of structuring plans to reduce the risk of conflict.
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Georgetown University, AB, summa cum laude
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Illinois
- International Network of Boutique and Independent Law Firms:
- President of Boston Chapter 2011-2016
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Chicago Estate Planning Council