Leslie Crane Slavin
Leslie Crane Slavin is a principal of the firm. She is a recognized expert in the employee benefits (ERISA) area and regularly advises clients on the design and implementation of qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans for both taxable and tax-exempt employers. She also represents employers involved in Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor audits of their retirement plans. She frequently reviews non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements for compliance with the intricate rules of IRC section 409A and regularly advises individual clients with respect to tax planning for distributions from qualified retirement plans.
In addition, she often consults with employment lawyers on tax issues related to employment contracts, compensation packages, and severance agreements.
Ms. Slavin has many years of experience in estate planning and probate and trust administration. She helps families with estate and generation-skipping tax issues, as well as sensitive family matters.
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Harvard University, MCP
- Radcliffe College, AB, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court of Massachusetts
- Best Lawyers in America® - Employee Benefits (ERISA) and Trusts and Estates
- Top Women Lawyers in Massachusetts Chambers, USA
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers®
- Ms. Slavin has lectured extensively on topics related to employee benefits, executive compensation, and estate planning for such organizations as the American Law Institute-American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), and the Federal Tax Institute of New England.
- Fiduciary Trust Company, Boston, Board of Directors