Thomas R. Marton
Thomas R. Marton is a principal of the firm. His practice focuses on estate planning, business planning and tax matters.
In the estate planning area, Tom advises clients on a broad range of issues, including tax efficiency, wealth preservation, asset allocation, trust and estate administration, probate matters, pre (and post) marital agreements, fiduciary concerns, and planned giving. In business planning, he has extensive experience in acquisitions, reorganizations, financings, leasing, choice of entity, and succession issues.
As a skilled and experienced mediator, Tom often finds ways to help resolve nettlesome business transactions and address sensitive family conflicts and concerns.
Prior to joining Lourie & Cutler, Tom was a law clerk for the Honorable Douglas P. Woodlock, US District Court of Massachusetts.
Tom is also a musician (guitar, piano, vocals) and continues to enjoy playing and performing.
- University of Chicago Law School, JD, with honors
- University of California at Berkeley, BA, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court of Massachusetts
- Mediation Works, Inc., Director and Secretary, panel mediator.
- Community Dispute Settlement Center, panel mediator.
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Estate Planning for Owners of More than One Business,” Trusts & Estates, July 2000, co-author.